Miyerkules, Setyembre 12, 2012

Crystal Saga Ice Mage Guide by Akirye


Crystal Saga Ice Mage Guide by Akirye
I'm ~not~ posting a build, this thread will have the ice mage skills and my opinions on them.
All comments made are purely my opinion, don't follow them to strictly.
With that said, what i want out of this thread is for new ice mages to have some info beforehand.
Please note that you only get "1" skill point every "2" levels.


A brief overview of stat builds.
I went full INT, the damage is crazy good and i have mediocre equips,
however you'll suffer from horrible HP and will die alot at bosses if you get hit.
From personal experience i'd say to be a mix of INT and Endurance, enough END to give you comfortable HP and defense
especially if you have plans for PvP later on.


~Ice Cone~
At level 1: Attack increased by 36%+23 and movement speed -50 to a single target for 4 seconds
My Comments: This is your basic 1v1 spell, not to powerful, movement speed gets lowered an additional 5% per level,I cant comment on the damage at later levels as i did not level this skill.
My Recommendation?: Keep at level 1


~Frost Shield~
At Level 1: MP Regen increased by (i forget amount but its low) and Damage Reduced by 4%
At Max: MP Regen increased by 28 and Damage reduced by 20% it always lasts 10minutes
My Comments: I maxed this skill, 20% damage reduc? yes ill take, and were not fire mages we sacrifice some damage skills for more defensive ones.
My Recommendation?: This is a recommended max, it helps especially when your AoE'ing with blizzard.


Blizzard(Level 10)
At Max: 110%+216, movement speed reduced by 70%, and can hit 15 targets. This spell has to channeled, moving cancels it it lasts 4.5 secs.
My Comments: I maxed this skill, but after alpha is over i wont. At level 50 is a skill called "Improved Blizzard" which functions just like this but better. Leveling isnt really that hard either.
My Recommendations?: Keep at level 1 unless you wanna buy a re-skill at level 50. But once this is learned you cant learn Balrog's Hell on fire tree.


Alacrity(Level10)
At Level 1: Passive skill that increases casting speed by 3% and another 3% each level.
My Comments: I'm not sure really, i have this at level 1 and the difference in casting is negligible.
My Recommendations?: This skill is either a keep at Level 1 or Max skill, all i can say.
Requirements?: Frost Shield level 1


Wind Strike(Level 20)
At Level 1: attack increased by 42%+322 to a single target.
My Comments: this is your 2nd 1v1 attack i kept it at level 1 so i cant comment on it's damage to much.
My Recommendations?: I'd say keep this at level 1 since it has no slowing effect and save skill points for Improved Ice Cone at level 40.
Requirements?: Ice Cone level 1


Magic Penetration(Level 20)
At Level 1: attacks have a chance to ignore you opponents defense values. and has a chance to proc. of 2% and an additional 2% per level.
My Comments: I have this at level 1, I would think this this would be a good skill to max at later levels cause itd be 10% chance.
My Recommendations?: Keep at level 1 until you get higher level'd, best to save your skill points.
Requirements?: Alacrity level 1


Halo of Ice(Level 30)
At Level 1: Roots enemies around caster for 3 seconds and can root up to 7 mobs. with an additional .5 seconds and 2 mobs each level.
My Comments: I only have this at level 1 right now, but i would assume this would be an amazing skill to max for PvP purposes.
My Recommendations?: I recommend maxing this out, this skill is for escaping purposes and keeping your target frozen re-heal, max for longer freeze time.
Requirements?: Blizzard Level 1


Deep Freeze(Level 30)
At level 1: Your attacks do an additional 2% magic damage. and stackable up to 2 times. At level 2 its still 2% magic damage but can stack 4 times, i dont know how well this skill scales cause mines only level 1.
My Comments: From the description it sounds like a nice skill, maybe a max at higher level?
My Recommendations?: Leave at 1, it doesnt scale well enough and skill points are better spent elsewhere at this level.
Requirements?: Magic Penetration Level 1


Improved Ice Cone(Level 40)
At Level 1: attack increased by 36%+787, reduces targets move speed by 50% and lasts 4 seconds. and an additional 5% move speed per level.
My Comments: i'll update this section once i have the skill but at level 1 it looks like it'll do a ton of damage.
My Recommendations?: I would say leave this skill at level 1. At level 80 we get Master Ice Cone which is an even more upgraded version of this.
Requirements?: Wind Strike Level 1


Mana Breeze(Level 40)
At Level 1: Restores a large amount of mana for 5 seconds. MP restored 12% with a cooldown of 130 seconds. With an additional 2% MP restored and 10 seconds off cooldown each level.
My Comments: I guess this could be useful for dire situations where your MP pot is on cooldown? I'd leave at level 1 you can buy MP pots to keep MP up skill points are better elsewhere.
My Recommendations?: Keep at 1 as for reasons i stated above, if you find yourself with leftover skill points you could use this as a skill point dump.
Requirements?: Deep Freeze Level 1


Improved Blizzard(Level 50)
At Level 1: attack increased by 98%+982, movement speed reduced by 50% and hits up to 7 targets with a radius of 350 and hits 4 times. The max targets and mspeed reduction increase every level.
My Comments: Max This Skill!! This is like... a godsend AoE skill. Nuff said.
My Recommendations?: Max This unless you REALLLY want to be a pure 1v1 mage.
Requirements?: Halo of Ice level 1


Frost(Level 50)
At Level 1: Attack ratio 40%, Bonus attack 982, and freezes a target for 3 seconds. Any damage done to target afterwards will cancel frozen status.
My Comments: This could be used if you accidentally aggro'd a boss or a PK'er is chasing you or you aggro'd to many mobs and need to run.
My Recommendations?: Leave at level 1, this i would consider mainly an escape skill and wouldnt really add to DPS since frozen status is canceled once you hit your target. Skill points better spent elsewhere.
Requirements?: Improved Ice Cone level 1


Empyrean Winds(Level 60)
At Level 1: attack increased by 26%+1328 and knocksback a target. the knockback range is 180. The knockback range is increased by 30 each level.
My Comments: I see this being useful for if your fighting a boss and need time to use an HP potion or fighting someone and need some space.
My Recommendations?: Keep at level 1, i would say this skill is just to put distance between you and something, not for damage dealing.
Requirements?: Improved Blizzard Level 1


Improved Wind Strike(Level 60)
At Level 1: attack increased by 42%+1523 to a single target.
My Comments:What i said above... is all it does. Level 2 of this skill is 46%+1612
My Recommendations?: Keep at level 1 till all your other main skills are maxed then consider this.
Requirements?: Frost Level 1


Ice Blast(Level 70)
At Level 1: attack increased by 58%+1940, and deals an addition 482 damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
My Comments: This skill seems like a very good 1v1 skill, id recommend maxing if theres enough skill points.
My Recommendations?: Get this to atleast level 1.
Requirements?: Improved Wind Strike Level 1


Icicle Armor(Level 70)
At Level 1: defense+48 and a 1% chance to freeze attackers for 3 seconds. This is a passive for when Frost Shield is on. The freeze wears off if target is hit, and gets 1% extra proc. rate every level.
My Comments: With a 5% to freeze attackers at max and 5 seconds of being frozen + the increased defense. i would say max this skill.
My Recommendations?:Max this skill! Or if anything get atleast level 1.
Requirements?: Mana Breeze Level 1


Black Hole(Level 80)
At level 1: Summons a Black Hole in the target area. Deals magic damage and draws in enemies every second. attack ratio is 27%+302, hits 7 targets, and lasts 4 seconds.
My Comments: This skill gets an extra 1 second duration every level, and 2 more max targets every level. Lasting 8 seconds and hitting a max of 15 mobs at max level, i would say max this. Nuff Said.
My Recommendations?: Max this!
Requirements?: Empyrean Winds Level 1


Master Ice Cone(Level 80)
At Level 1: attack increased by 36%+2317 an slowing targets move speed by 50% for 4 seconds + and additional 5 seconds move speed each level.
My Comments: This has to be, hands down, our strongest 1v1 skill and it has no cooldown.
My Recommendations?: Max This!
Requirements?: Ice Blast Level 1

Everything i've said is purely MY opinion so negative comments about you screwing up your build will be ignored.
At level 80 you'll have a max of 40 skill points. Every skill maxes out at level 5.
That doesn't give us a lot of flexibility but this is so people can plan there build.
Good luck out there fellow Ice Mages.
Now go bring about the 2nd ice age

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento